Why a Career Coach?
Curious about coaching & what it is all about? Here are a few common questions
What are the benefits of coaching?
This list could go on and on, so here are just some of the benefits you'll reap from a successful coaching partnership:
- Improve overall performance
- Make more money, more efficiently
- Improve your ability to manage and adapt to change
- Get that promotion
- A strong foundation so you are able to quickly make the best choices and decisions for you
- A clear understanding of what you want and a strategy/road map to get there
- Accountability for doing what you say you're going to do
- A strategic, unbiased partner in solving problems and overcoming obstacles
- A sounding board for work issues you do not want to discuss with colleagues
- Increased awareness, a creative and collaborative partner to brainstorm new ideas & solutions
- Support for the newly promoted to not just cope with new responsibilities but thrive in their new role
- New perspectives that reveal limited thinking and lead to "Ah-ha!" moments
- Improved problem solving capabilities
- Support for job hunters and career changers in deciding what next, and going after it
- Become more effective, assertive in dealing with people
- Reduce stress levels
- Greater confidence
- Improve relationships
- Improve leadership and interpersonal skills
- Overall greater self-awareness
What do I work on with/get from a coach?
As a leadership & career coach my focus is on life skills, specializing in career advancement and leadership. However, I don't believe we can box our lives up nicely into little compartments. Our careers impact our personal lives and vice versa. It's an integrated life of what you want that we focus on together.
- Tackling a new role, promotion or lateral move...especially in those critical first 90 days
- Defining and marketing your personal brand
- Identifying and going after what you want, the career & life you want
- Overcoming obstacles at work and home; strategies for addressing self-limiting behaviors that hold you back
- Support and honest feedback about where you're strong and also on where you give up or hold back
- Improving interpersonal skills
- Your personal brand & how to market yourself
- Career planning
- Business Success
- Career Success
- Personal Success
- Living in alignment with what is most important to you
- Negotiating and getting what you want & deserve
- A career change
- Cleaing up your environment, clearing out the things you're putting up with in your life that are slowing you down
- Learn coaching skills to be a better leader or coach
- Celebration and acknowledgement of your progress and wins
- Benefit from the many years of life, business and management experience your coach has amassed
What is Coaching exactly?
Coaching is all about you. I'm similar to the personal trainer you hire at a gym, only our focus is on building your career instead of your biceps. It is one-on-one time focused with a collaborative partner on you getting crystal clear about what is most important to you and the life you want to live. Then putting a plan together to get you where you want to go and following through with execution. It's about taking your life to the next level. It requires your active participation and commitment to discovery, growth, and being open and honest about what you find along the way. As your coach, I care deeply about you creating what you say you want. I hold you accountable and keep you moving forward towards you dreams and goals. My mission is to discover and promote your mission, purpose and specific agenda.