Ready to be happier while having more of what you want at work and home? Make 2014 your year. Together we can accelerate your progress. Most common areas my clients focus on:
- Making a career change; reinvent.
- Finding a new job with career, resume and interview coaching
- Navigating a major career/life transition
- Growing your existing career
- Recently been promoted? Hit the ground running in your new position with a defined strategy
- Developing coaching, communication, and leadership skills
- Defining and marketing yourself through your own personal branding strategy
- Navigating a particular challenge like dealing with difficult people or conflict management
- Simplifying life and the ever elusive work/life balancing act
Top 5 Questions on Coaching
Below is a list of the most frequent questions I receive about coaching. If you don't find what you are looking for, please go to the contact page and send your question(s). If you have a question, you can be sure someone else does too so you're helping them as well.
1.) What is Coaching exactly?
Coaching is all about you. I'm similar to the personal trainer you hire at a gym, only our focus is on building your life & career instead of your biceps (although I do encourage exercise too). It is one-on-one time focused with a collaborative partner on you getting crystal clear about what is most important to you and the life you want to live. Then putting a plan together to get you where you want to go and following through with execution. It's about taking your life to the next level. It requires your active participation and commitment to discovery, growth, and being open and honest about what you find along the way. As your coach, I care deeply about you creating what you say you want. I hold you accountable and keep you moving forward towards you dreams and goals. My mission is to discover and promote your mission, purpose and specific agenda.
2.) What do I work on with/get from a coach?
As a Life Design & Career Coach my focus is on helping you design and live the life you want. And a big part of our lives is the work we do. I don't believe we can box our lives up nicely into little compartments. Our careers impact our personal lives and vice versa - it's all integrated. Here are some of the things I get to help busy professionals like you tackle:
- Stepping into a new role, promotion or lateral move
- Learn coaching skills to be a better leader and coach others
- Support in navigating a career change and staying focused
- Defining and marketing your personal brand
- Identifying and going after what you want, the career & life you want: REINVENT
- Support in navigating a job search and landing that new job
- Overcoming obstacles at work and home; strategies for addressing self-limiting behaviors that hold you back
- Support and honest feedback about where you're strong and also on where you give up or hold back
- Improving interpersonal skills
- Goal setting and accelerated achievement
- Time and life management skills
- Establishing a strong personal foundation, getting clear on what is most important to you
- Negotiating and asking for what you want
- Toleration, things you're putting up with in your life that are slowing you down and you're ready to change
- Celebration and acknowledgement of your progress and wins; your coach "holds your vision" during those times that you're struggling to do so
- You will get to benefit from the many years of life, business and management experience your coach has amassed
3.) What are the benefits of coaching?
I have seen coaching do amazing things both for myself and for the clients I have the privilege to get to work with. Here are just some of the benefits you'll reap from a successful coaching partnership
- Career changers make their dream job a reality
- Make more money
- Greater confidence
- Land that new job
- Improved relationships and greater influence
- Become more effective, assertive in dealing with people
- Create more time for the things that are most important to
- Getting grounded in your vision for your life to guide you, enabling you to make decisions more quickly and effectively.
- A clear understanding of what you want and a strategy/road map to get there
- Accountability for doing what you say you're going to do
- Increased awareness, a creative and collaborative partner to brainstorm new ideas & solutions
- Support for the newly promoted to not just cope with new responsibilities but thrive in their new role
- New perspectives that take the blinders off and lead to "Ah-ha!" moments
- Improved problem solving capabilities
- Reduced stress levels
- Improved leadership and interpersonal skills
- Improved adaptability to change
- Superior performance
- Career & Personal Success - as defined by YOU
4.) What is the frequency and duration of sessions normally?
Sessions normally last 30-45 minutes with 3-4 sessions monthly depending on the client. I often start with new clients at weekly 30 minute sessions or three 45min sessions for the first month or two. Then once we've established a rhythm we move to three 30 minute sessions a month. This is entirely dependent on you as the client and your needs. Remember, this is all about you.
5.) Where do we meet?
Coaching sessions are done over the phone. Due to the nature of coaching and the deep discussion and thought involved, it is best for you to be in a quiet place alone where there is nothing else to distract you. This will allow you to get the very most of our time together.